Wood activated carbon
Product ID: 270ab9-1
By adopting today's popular production processing methods such as phosphoric acid, zinc chloride, wood activated carbon is made from quality raw materials: fuel wood, wood chips, peach, coconut shell, in accordance with the national standard. Because of these types of advanced technology, wooden activated carbon is more developed in the pore structure and specific surface area, which makes it bigger adsorption capacity, faster filtration speed, higher strength, lower ash, more effective pore size distribution and higher ignition point.
Types and uses of wood activated carbon
Because of these characteristics mentioned above, wood activated carbon is widely used in the following areas:
- Gas adsorption (air purification, motorcycle carbon cans, automotive carbon cans, oily gas recycle in gas stations and storage depots, organic waste gas treatment)
- The recycle of organic solvents (benzene series gaseous toluene, xylene; acetone recycle in cellulose acetate industry, and the recycle of CS2 (carbon disulfide) in the production of viscose staple fiber, etc.)
- Removal of impurities
- Decolourization (glutamic acid and salt, lactic acid and salt, citric acid and salt, wine, spices, animal and plant protein, biochemical products, pharmaceutical intermediates, vitamins, antibiotics and other products of discoloration).
Wood columnar activated carbon
- Pressure swing adsorption wooden columnar activated carbon
Separation of nitrogen and carbon dioxide from the air. Isolation methane from the fermentation gas. Decomposition gases from methanol. Separation hydrogen from blast furnace gas.
- Ultra-low ash wood columnar activated carbon
- Catalyst and carrier wooden columnar activated carbon
- Solvent recycling wooden columnar activated carbon
Gas purification wooden columnar activated carbonPurification of chemical raw material gas, chemical synthesis gas, pharmaceutical industrial gases, beverage using carbon dioxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, hydrogen chloride, ethylene, ethane, cracked gas and inert gas, and atomic facilities exhaust purification, separation and refined.
Applicable to drinking water purification, deodorization; brewing industry, catalyst carrier, pharmaceutical and chemical bleaching refining.
Mainly used to process of industrial waste gas containing hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan, sulfur dioxide, dimethyl sulfide, dimethyl sulfide, mercury vapor, ammonia and other toxic, odor gases.
It has a strong separation and recycling capability on ethers, ketones, alcohols, tetrahydrofuran, dichloromethane, chloroform, trichlorethylene, perchlorethylene, carbon disulfide, benzene, toluene, formyl, gasoline, fluorine-containing hydrocarbons and other organic solvents and organic vapors.
Wood granular activated carbon
Can be prepared by the military antivirus carbon, apply to filling a variety of filter respirators; desiccant carrier in minefield used self-rescue filter; canisters ventilation device; organic solvent recycling; oily gas recycling; air purification; water purification; deodorization; brewing industry; catalyst carrier; pharmaceutical and chemical bleaching refining, etc.
- The main factors affecting the activated carbon adsorption The greater the surface area of activated carbon adsorbent is, the stronger capacity adsorption has; activated carbon contains non-polar molecules, it is easy to absorb non-polar or low polar adsorbate; activated carbon adsorbent particle size, pore structure and distribution, and surface chemical properties also have a great impact on its adsorption capability.
- The nature of adsorbate depends on its solubility, its surface free energy, it polarity, its molecular size, the degree of its unsaturation, and its concentration.
- The PH value of waste water. The activated carbon generally has a higher adsorption rate in acidic solution than in alkaline solution. PH value will affects adsorbate state and its solubility in the water, thus affect adsorption.
- Coexisting substances. When a variety of adsorbates coexisting, activated carbon adsorption capacity of a particular adsorbate is lower than that containing only that adsorbate.
- Temperature. The influence of temperature on the activated carbon adsorption is small
- The contact time. Should ensure that the activated carbon and the adsorbate have a certain amount of contact time, so that adsorption is closer to balance, and take full advantage of the adsorption capacity.
Notes of using activated carbon
- Prior to use, activated carbon should be cleaned to remove dust. These black dusts may temporarily affect the water quality of cleanliness. But it is recommended that do not directly use fresh tap water, because the porous
- activated carbon absorb the chlorine and the bleach in a lot of water and subsequently been used into the filter the activated carbon will cause damage to water quality.The usual simple cleaning is unable to clean the debris clogging the pores of activated carbon. So, be sure to regularly replace the activated carbon in order to avoid the loss of effectiveness due to adsorption saturation. Do not wait for its failure to replace, so be to ensure that the activated carbon can continue remove the harmful substances in the aquarium water. The recommended replacement of activated carbon is 1-2 times monthly.
- The efficiency of activated carbon for water treatment is closely related to its processing amount; usually the larger amount has a better effect.
- When a certain quantity of activated carbon is used, during the initial period the quality change of water should always be observed and pay attention to the observations, as it can be used to determine how long to replace the activated carbon.
Wood activated carbon technical parameters